Save Giraffes Now Projects
SGN invests in projects that help preserve giraffe from extinction in nine African countries.
We have projects that support each of the four species of giraffe – Reticulated, Masai, Northern, and Southern – as well as the people living alongside them.
These projects include:
- Giraffe rewilding and reintroduction in Kenya and Niger
- Giraffe orphanages in Kenya and Botswana
- De-snaring in Uganda
- Anti-poaching, canine units, and rapid response teams in Zambia, Uganda, and Kenya
- Population monitoring, satellite tracking and conservation research projects in Niger, Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda
- Region-wide master plan for giraffe conservation in Botswana, Angola, Namibia, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. The giraffe migrate across national boundaries, therefore international policy needs to be agreed upon